Monday, March 9, 2009

Life isn't always fair

I've added a couple of pictures to show some of the animal's we helped over the years. I"m sure I will add more as time passes. Sadly, not all of these three made it. I mentioned a tragedy a couple of years ago, and one of these three was involved. We were so naive, but we were well intentioned. The mottled brindle female was taken from a crack dealer, and she had been fought. We thought we had her on the road to rehab, but she turned out to be uunbreakable of her animal aggresiveness, at least by us. I wish we would have known more resources to have got her placed in a rescue that would have been able to work with her, but instead, after agonizing over the fact that she had killed my wife's dog "and i think best friend", Bridger, we had to put her down. I held her while the euthanasia drugs did their job. She was loved, but we were scared Roxie, the dog, would kill again. Next time it could have been a person. This was a very hard decision, and one to this day I wish we could have had a better outcome on.

No comments:

Post a Comment